This article will assist you in connecting your district-owned Chromebook to the TritonSchools Wi-Fi network.
- In the lower-right of your Chromebook screen, click on the gray oval where the time and battery status are displayed.
- Click on the text that says "Not connected, No networks".
- From the list of available Wi-Fi networks, click on TritonSchools.
- Under EAP method dropdown, choose PEAP.
- Under EAP Phase 2 authentication dropdown, choose MSCHAPv2.
- Under Server CA certificate dropdown, choose Do not check.
- Scroll down within the Join Wi-Fi network dialog until you see the field labeled Identity.
- Enter the following information into the Identity field:
- For staff members, enter firstname.lastname (the first part of your email address before @tritonschools.org)
- For students, enter your six-digit student ID number (also known as your lunch number)
- In the Password field, enter your Chromebook/Gmail logon password. (If you need to see the password as you are typing, you can click the grey eye icon to the right of the Password field)
- Do not enter anything into the Anonymous Identity field.
- Make sure the Save identity and password option is enabled (slider is blue and is on the right side)
- Click the blue Connect button at the bottom of the window.
You should now be connected to the TritonSchools Wi-Fi network. If you are not able to successfully connect, please submit a Help Desk ticket.